April 1, 2016
Do you feel like something’s holding your smile back from looking its absolute best? Often, the reason people are unhappy with the appearance of their smile has more to do with their gums than their teeth. In these cases, a gum lift can be the perfect procedure to reveal the beautiful teeth you’ve always dreamed of. They’re back there — they just need to be set free! Dr. Ellis L. Ramsey contours the gum line into a more pleasing shape in a quick, minimally-invasive gum lift in Dallas.
After your gum lift procedure, you may experience some minimal discomfort once the anaesthesia wears off. Fortunately, pain should be minimal — Dr. Ramsey uses laser precision to eliminate the need for sutures and scalpels, greatly improving your recovery. You’ll need to keep a few things in mind for the first few days following your gum lift procedure.
Gum Lift Aftercare: What To Do
The mouth heals quickly, so recovery following gum lift surgery is usually quick and complication-free. Help speed recovery and minimize risk of infection or discomfort by following these bits of advice.
- Avoid plaque buildup around your gums by brushing frequently (but gently)
- After brushing, rinse your mouth with an alcohol-free mouthwash
- Don’t forget to floss twice a day to remove the leftover plaque and food particles your toothbrush just can’t reach
- Plan to take it easy, avoiding exercise or strenuous activity to help your body focus on healing
- Eat a soft foods diet for the first day or two following your gum lift procedure
- Avoid smoking or other tobacco use to increase blood flow to the gums and speed healing
Within a few days, your gums should be healed and you’ll be showing off your new, most confident smile!
Questions? Contact Us Today
At the office of Ellis L. Ramsey D.D.S., we are happy to provide Dallas residents and neighbors with wonderful holistic dental care. With a full list of services, including general and preventive, cosmetic, sedation and implant dentistry, we know we’ve got what it is you need to maintain your best, healthiest smile now and for years to come.
Do you have a holistic dentist you can count on in Dallas? If not, learn how we can help you with a gum lift or other treatment by getting in touch with our office to schedule an initial visit. We can’t wait to see you smile — please contact us to request your appointment today!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.