Porcelain Veneers & Lumineers Dentist in Dallas, TX
Transform Your Smile
Do you have chipped, stained, or misshapen front teeth? If so, Dr. Ramsey can help! Dr. Ramsey can easily place new custom porcelain veneers or Lumineers to create a natural-looking, one-of-a-kind smile. As one of the first dentists in the Lake Highlands area to offer porcelain veneers, Dr. Ramsey has been transforming smiles with the technology for over 20 years. Handcrafted porcelain veneers cover teeth to mask imperfections in size, shape, and color – including gaps and misalignments. They’re made of fine dental porcelain that reflects light just like natural tooth enamel. Veneers are custom restorations made specifically for your unique smile. If you want to feel confident about your smile again, schedule a porcelain veneers or Lumineers consultation appointment with Dr. Ramsey today!
What Can Porcelain Veneers Fix?
- Stained or discolored teeth
- Unattractive gaps
- Unevenly worn teeth
- Misshapen or misaligned teeth
- Chipped or cracked teeth
How Are Porcelain Veneers Placed?
- Initial Consultation: First, you will need to schedule an hour or two for your initial appointment, and you may want to take photos or magazine clippings to show Dr. Ramsey the kind of smile you prefer. After a thorough examination to assess your oral health and existing dentition, Dr. Ramsey will discuss your expectations. Be prepared to discuss the color and shape of your ideal smile at this appointment.
- Treatment Planning: Next, Dr. Ramsey will take notes on the shade of your teeth, your facial features, and measurements of your face. He’ll also consider your skin tone and facial symmetry when designing your veneers. If you have questions about your veneers or the procedure, Dr. Ramsey will be happy to give comprehensive answers.
- Tooth Preparation: Often during the first appointment, Dr. Ramsey will gently buff your teeth to remove 1 to 2 mm of enamel in preparation for your new veneers. Tooth reduction will allow the veneers to lie flat and in line with surrounding teeth. The reshaping of teeth may also be required to create the look you want. Dr. Ramsey will also take an impression of your mouth to send to a dental lab. Before you leave the dental chair, temporary veneers will be placed, which may cause your teeth to feel sensitive until the permanent veneers are placed.
- Behind the Scenes: After your first appointment, Dr. Ramsey will order your veneers from a dental lab. A talented ceramist will handcraft the porcelain veneers from durable materials that look and function like natural dentition. The detailed information Dr. Ramsey provides the lab will ensure that you receive veneers that will create a smile that complements your appearance. The lab will ship your veneers to your our office.
- Veneers Placement: A local anesthetic may be administered to ensure your complete comfort during veneer placement. Dr. Ramsey will remove the temporary veneers and check the fit of your permanent veneers. You can look at the shape, color, and fit before they are attached. If adjustments need to be made, you should tell Dr. Ramsey at this time. Veneers cannot be altered once they are in place.
- If all is well, Dr. Ramsey will permanently bond the new veneers to the front surface of your teeth. First, he will apply a mild acidic solution to clean the surface of your teeth, and then he will bond the veneers in place. A small light will cure the bonding material. Dr. Ramsey will also make sure that the veneers allow adequate flossing space.
What Are Lumineers?
Some patients don’t like that their existing teeth must be filed down before Dr. Ramsey permanently applies the new veneers. This irreversible procedure requires a powerful anesthetic or oral sedation to control discomfort, but you may certainly feel some soreness after application. Only Lumineers by Cerinate take unnecessary pain out of the equation and allow you to enjoy your new smile immediately. Thanks to Lumineers’ unique, ultra-thin design and application method, little, if any, tooth modification is required. Removing this preparatory step means that you won’t need anesthetic, and Dr. Ramsey can get right to work improving your smile. Each Lumineer is carefully manufactured by the Cerinate Smile Design Studio just for you, using only the finest patented Cerinate porcelain. These long-lasting enhancements will rejuvenate your smile for up to 20 years! In just one to three convenient office visits, Dr. Ramsey can affix the remarkably thin yet durable porcelain shells directly to teeth for beautiful, instantaneous results. Unlike traditional porcelain veneers, Lumineers are reversible because original tooth enamel is not reduced during application. The smile of your dreams has never been this easy!
Are Lumineers Right For you?
Conservative dentistry is always the best choice, and with Lumineers, you don’t have to compromise your natural dentition for a spectacular smile. If you tired of a less-than-perfect smile but are fearful of aesthetic dentistry, choose Lumineers for a glorious transformation without the inconvenience and distress of traditional veneers.
Schedule Your Dental Veneer Appointment
In as few as two dental visits, you can enjoy a completely new smile! If you’re considering a smile makeover, schedule your veneers consultation appointment with Dr. Ramsey today. Dr. Ramsey is a trusted Lake Highlands cosmetic dentist, now proudly renewing smiles daily throughout the Lake Highlands community of North Dallas and the nearby communities of Richardson, University Park, Highland Park, Garland, Plano, Rowlett, Mesquite, Carrollton, and Addison, Texas